The outright assault on the traditional family structure continues. This time, Father’s Day, an annual day set aside to appreciate the healthy father figure in people’s lives, but even this couldn’t stay pure for long.
Good Morning Britain tweeted that:
“Is it time to ban Father’s Day? With a rise in single parent, blended, and same-sex families, is it time to get more inclusive and appreciate parents all year round?”
With a total disregard for the science behind a non-traditional family structure, the mainstream media is bashing a symbol of stability, success, happiness, and wellbeing.
The negative effect of non-traditional families on human wellbeing is astonishingly understated, as I will explain.
Here’s some facts:
- Single parent households double the likelihood of child mental illness.
- Single mothers are more likely to get ill when they get older.
- Children raised by gay couples are twice as likely to be in poverty as children of straight married couples.
- Households with a single mother and a non-biological father have the highest rates of child abuse and neglect.
- 85% of children who exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes.
- Boys who grow up in fatherless homes have significantly lower testosterone levels than average.
- Children born to single mothers show higher levels of aggressive behavior than children born to married mothers.
- 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
- 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes.
- 71% of adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes.
- 63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes.
Stefan Molyneux, a popular philosophy YouTuber, covered the effects of female-headed/single mother households and the associated poverty rates. In every example poverty rates were above that of the average poverty rate and the poverty rate of married couple families.
Welfare rewards and encourages social instability and boosts dependence on the state/big government.
Molyneux also discussed in the video below that in the West the introduction of welfare has subsidized irresponsibility by taxing stable, good income families and redistributing the resources to keep single mother households afloat. The effect of this is placing pressure on responsible members of society and encouraging social instability by funding the lower-end of society and helping it flourish.
Molyneux argues that because society is accustomed to the “safety net” guarantee of welfare, it feels at liberty to make irresponsible decisions and involve itself in marriages, decisions and partnerships that are dysfunctional rather than practical.
Welfare has broken apart the strength of strong, effective families and replaced it with an irreverence towards forging lasting, stable relationships — which form the bedrock of society.
To take things further, the deep state economists and legislators are perfectly aware that subsidizing bad decisions will equal more bad decisions. In fact, it’s their goal; suppress social stability and cohesion in the masses, promote fragmentation, atomization and encourage an unhealthy dependence and allegiance to a nanny/provider state, that, by extension, gets to call all the shots and direct all policy-making unhindered.
Feeding a cancer helps it to grow — the welfare state is a powerful fertilizer for the social cancers that afflict western civilization.
More welfare emboldens the weak, erodes the stable middle class, and empowers the deep state.