L’Éminence Grise was founded in 2015 in the UK as a grassroots non-profit realpolitik alternative news outlet and news aggregator. We index the RSS feeds of a multitude of well-respected alt-media sites, as well as delivering our own analysis on the leading (and lesser known) alternative media stories that matter most.
Behind the name.
L’Éminence Grise means “The Grey Eminence”, an éminence grise, or grey eminence is a powerful decision-maker or adviser who operates “behind the scenes”, or in a non-public or unofficial capacity.
This phrase originally referred to François Leclerc du Tremblay, the right-hand man of Cardinal Richelieu. Leclerc was a Capuchin friar who was renowned for his beige robe attire, as beige was termed “grey” in that era. The style His Eminence is used to address or refer to a cardinal in the Roman Catholic Church. Although Leclerc never achieved the rank of cardinal, those around him addressed him as such in deference to the considerable influence this “grey” friar held over “His Eminence the Cardinal”.
Report on things that matter or don’t report at all.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” — Socrates
We follow this Socratic principle, to report on news with the bigger picture always in mind.
- To widen the scope of financial, economic and political information available to the professional investing public.
- To skeptically examine and, where necessary, attack the stagnant institution that most journalism has become.
- To liberate oppressed knowledge.
- To provide analysis uninhibited by political constraint.
- To facilitate information’s unending quest for freedom.
- To expose, explain, attack, and dismantle the myth of American Exceptionalism.
- To strike at the root of evil rather than its branches.
- To hold all power to account.
You can contribute to the alternative media movement.
We invite you to come and write for us! We are open source and invite anyone to share their knowledge. Send your story through our ‘contact’ link, and if it is accepted, it will be published on the site.
Click here to apply to write with us.
“Paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people.” — Hugo Black, Supreme Court Justice